Monday, September 12, 2011

The Future Of Kitesurfing


First impressions from the Luke Young Custom directional kiteboard.
The moment I picked up the Luke Young surf-style kiteboard it turned out obvious that a quite a bit of skill and time had gone into building the kiteboard. Luke was actually named as surfboard shaper of the year during 2009, the Custom board certainly provides compelling evidence as to the reasons!

Luke shaped the directional kiteboard with design influences extracted from the Cyborg surfboard. A narrow tail plan shape and quad fin design retain the board in water at broadband, even though wave surfing. The kiteboard incorporates a low rocker throughout, which has a rolled vee from the nose to get rid of up surface chop. The centre section is shaped single concave, running to double concave through the fins and out your tail, increasing drive and control. Straps are totally optional, and although bolting points are designed into the board straps can be not included.

Initially when i first decided for the board in September not too long ago, at Daymer Bay in Cornwall riding strapped. It was a superb first session on a directional board - when riding the waves the stance was ideal, nevertheless for normal cruising it absolutely was a little painful.

My second kitesurfing trip while using Luke Young board involved to Hill Head in Hampshire. Having lent a friend my usual twin-tip kiteboard, I took the 5'4" surfboard out in relatively good wind - Again I decided to use the footsteps, it was all great fun until the front strap bolt was released and i also had no choice but to kitesurf without one. Other session wasn't delicious, my back foot was stuck from the tail strap while my front foot was bouncing in all places inside heavy chop. From then on session I chose to look at straps off and provide strapless riding ago!


With the board floating facing me along with the kite at twelve, I put my heels around the board and sent the kite down for the board start. Directional kiteboards are very buoyant that this start is much simpler than expected. Having gotten up and riding I pointed the board downwind and leant back, adjusting my feet to your wider stance stopped my front leg popping in the air we found myself preferred because i moved my back foot for the centre from the board. While i was kitesurfing, I felt like the board was a section of me, yet not attached, as a result I couldn't help but feel like a surfer. Positioning the kite deep within the wind and charging at what swell we've got, I unleashed a variety of cutbacks, floaters and aerials with grabs. I rode to the beach happy!

Riding strapless has given us a contrasting outlook when kitesurfing, My business is don't concerned about lending my twin tip as I've found the directional board suits a nearby conditions superior.

No comments:

Post a Comment